FreeElective Network Pvt. Ltd., based in Chennai, introduced Jodi365.com—a next-generation matchmaking platform—well before the recent wave of here-today/gone-tomorrow casual dating sites and the more-recent Tinder-for-India wannabes. (Jodi365 caters to quality singles and helps them find the right partner at their own pace, whether they are ready for marriage in the near term or want to get to know someone as friends first.) Since 2011, we have made millions of introductions. Just as important: We have a validated business model. Having recently launched a re-built, scaleable v.5 of our innovative, patent-pending system and a mobile app, we are growing briskly. We are also introducing Peepul365.com, a complementary wedding planning platform and marketplace that helps people discover beautiful venues, connect with curated vendors and service providers, and plan a special event.
We are looking to add to our team a smart, enthusiastic, and organized individual with a flair for writing and an editor's attention to detail.
ABOUT THIS JOB:
The ideal Content Writer / Features Editor candidate will help to create an exciting range of features; define, develop, and manage editorial content; and achieve the right tone and voice for our sites. The work would be at FreeElective Network's office in the heart of Chennai, a few miles from the IIT-Madras campus. The position represents a terrific opportunity to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, especially for someone who is interested in writing, editing, social media, or marketing. It is also an ideal springboard for a graduating college student interested in subsequently pursuing higher studies, after a few years on the job. If you think your particular skills and experience would add to our team, we would love to hear from you.
- Manage our engaging blog, its editorial calendar, and network of bloggers and columnists. This includes the gathering, processing, creation, and updating of content, and the day-to-day management of our websites' content.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of the online matchmaking, social networking, and wedding planning landscapes, identify trends, and report on opportunities and competitive threats
- Conduct research, identify customers’ needs, recommend new topics, and create original content on topics such as wedding customs, cultural traditions, societal trends, relationships, parenting, sexuality, health and wellness, travel, and lifestyle
- Prepare well-structured drafts using digital publishing platforms
- Conduct keyword research and use SEO guidelines to optimize content
- Coordinate with marketing and design teams to illustrate articles
- Proof-read and edit written pieces before publication
- Promote content on social networks and monitor engagement (e.g., likes, comments, and shares)
- Use web analytics tools to measure web traffic to content and drive improvements to conversion and bounce rates
- Review all of the sites' content to ensure a consistent tone, style, and approach, and work with the web design and development team to convert multi-media content into appropriate formats
- Work with the marketing manager and user interaction designer to define and implement communication strategies (email, mobile, and print), covering both registration and retention
- Assist management team in ensuring efficient progress of workflow and transforming business visions into reality
- Proficiency in writing and editing in English, especially for the web, with a ready-to-share portfolio of published pieces
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office, Google Drive) and hands-on experience with content management systems (e.g., WordPress)
- Possess a balance of disciplined strategic thinking, creative passion, and a willingness to be hands-on
- Proven track record in product/content management as a writer or editor, at an online business or media company (newspapers/magazines/publishing house)
- Strong understanding of social psychology and consumer behavior
- Experience with consumer-facing, interactive web sites
- Bachelor's or higher degree in liberal arts
DESIRED SOFT SKILLS:
- Team player with strong analytical and project management skills
- Organized and detail-oriented individual who works well with deadlines
- Willingness to learn, switch roles as necessary, and to roll up one's sleeves to get a job done
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently in a fast-changing environment
- Energized by the opportunities and challenges of working at a small and growing company
SOME TIPS, BEFORE YOU APPLY:
We take this process seriously and hope that you do, too. Here are some tips, as you consider applying:
- Please review our web sites – FreeElective.com, Jodi365.com, and Peepul365.com – before you apply, to get a good understanding of our businesses
- Be true to yourself. Ask yourself about this job, “Is this what I really want to do professionally?”
- Click on the Apply Now button to begin submitting your application online
- Spare us a cut-and-pasted, recycled cover letter! Take the time to provide thoughtful answers to our screening questions.
- Say it in your own words. Your responses will be more compelling if they came from the heart.
Got any questions? Write to us at: [email protected]
Know someone who may fit the bill? Please share this job posting with them.
FreeElective is an equal-opportunity employer and complies with applicable laws governing non-discrimination in every location in which the company has facilities. We provide opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to religion, ethnicity, race, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled. We also believe that our associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of their ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on any of the above demographic characteristics, and we expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere. For more about the company, please visit www.FreeElective.com.