FreeElective Network Pvt. Ltd., based in Chennai, introduced Jodi365.com—a next-generation matchmaking platform—well before the recent wave of here-today/gone-tomorrow casual dating sites and the more-recent Tinder-for-India wannabes. (Jodi365 caters to quality singles and helps them find the right partner at their own pace, whether they are ready for marriage in the near term or want to get to know someone as friends first.) Since 2011, we have made millions of introductions. Just as important: We have a validated business model. Having recently launched a re-built, scaleable v.5 of our innovative, patent-pending system and a mobile app, we are growing briskly. We are also introducing Peepul365.com, a complementary wedding planning platform and marketplace that helps people discover beautiful venues, connect with curated vendors and service providers, and plan a special event.
We are looking for a smart, energetic, and organized intern to support a variety of marketing initiatives.
ABOUT THIS JOB:
The paid internship would be at FreeElective Network's office in the heart of Chennai, a few miles from the IIT-Madras campus. The position represents a terrific opportunity to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, especially for someone who is interested in a career in marketing and/or analytics. If you think your particular skills and experience would add to our team, we would love to hear from you.
- Assist in customer development (market segmentation, competitive analysis, understanding of customer needs and expectations) and work with engineering team to ensure that the product is a "must-have"
- Research and devise effective go-to-market strategies and assist in the refinement of the overall marketing plan
- Develop segment-specific marketing communications based on company goals, brand, and market initiatives
- Work closely with the engineering team in creating and implementing search engine optimization (SEO) and search engine marketing (SEM) programs
- Implement link building strategies and manage backlinks to build online authority
- Plan and monitor our brands' presence on social media
- Work closely with the business development team in creating and managing affiliate marketing programs
- Proof and perform QA of all online marketing work to ensure flawless execution
- Develop metrics and establish analytics for key performance criteria for online and offline marketing campaigns
- Monitor results of all programs and analyze performance, using a variety of analytical tools, to maximize returns from marketing
- Collaborate with user support, product management, marketing leadership, and the engineering team to test and execute campaigns with diverse objectives
- Assist management team in ensuring efficient progress of workflow and transforming business visions into reality
- Demonstrated interest or experience in marketing, analytics, journalism, communications, public relations, or related fields
- Good understanding of digital marketing concepts and best practices and web analytics tools
- Possess an analytical mindset and a balance of disciplined critical thinking, creative passion, and a willingness to be hands-on
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Familiarity with consumer marketing, particularly in the Internet space
- Experience in analytics or a flair for the application of mathematical models to business problems would be a plus
- Bachelor's degree or student in marketing, economics, business, sociology, psychology, mathematics, physics, or engineering
DESIRED SOFT SKILLS:
- Team player with strong analytical and project management skills
- Organized and detail-oriented individual who works well with deadlines
- Willingness to learn, switch roles as necessary, and to roll up one's sleeves to get a job done
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently in a fast-changing environment
- Energized by the opportunities and challenges of working at a small and growing company
SOME TIPS, BEFORE YOU APPLY:
We take this process seriously and hope that you do, too. Here are some tips, as you consider applying:
- Please review our web sites – FreeElective.com, Jodi365.com, and Peepul365.com – before you apply, to get a good understanding of our businesses
- Be true to yourself. Ask yourself about this job, “Is this what I really want to do professionally?”
- Click on the Apply Now button to begin submitting your application online
- Spare us a cut-and-pasted, recycled cover letter! Take the time to provide thoughtful answers to our screening questions.
- Say it in your own words. Your responses will be more compelling if they came from the heart.
Got any questions? Write to us at: [email protected]
Know someone who may fit the bill? Please share this job posting with them.
FreeElective is an equal-opportunity employer and complies with applicable laws governing non-discrimination in every location in which the company has facilities. We provide opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to religion, ethnicity, race, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled. We also believe that our associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of their ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on any of the above demographic characteristics, and we expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere. For more about the company, please visit www.FreeElective.com.