FreeElective Network Pvt. Ltd., based in Chennai, introduced Jodi365.com—a next-generation matchmaking platform—well before the recent wave of here-today/gone-tomorrow casual dating sites and the more-recent Tinder-for-India wannabes. Jodi365 caters to quality singles and helps them find the right partner at their own pace, whether they are ready for marriage in the near term or want to get to know someone as friends first.
We have earned much goodwill since 2011, by bringing people together. Just as important: We have a validated business model and, aided by additional funding, are growing briskly.
We are looking for a conscientious, enthusiastic, detail-oriented individual to provide support with a variety of backend, non-voice business processes.
ABOUT THIS JOB:
The ideal candidate will be someone with integrity, a strong work ethic, and an eye for detail. They don't need native fluency in English, but will need to be able to converse in English, with teammates, with reasonable ease. The work would be at FreeElective Network's office in the heart of Chennai, a few miles from the IIT-Madras campus. (Most of the team has been working remotely since March 2020, but our support and sales teams have begun working out of the office again.)
The position represents a terrific opportunity to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, especially for someone who derives satisfaction from assisting people and playing an influential role in their making important life decisions. If you think your particular skills would add to our team, we would love to hear from you.
- Review submitted user profiles to ensure that they comply with our code of conduct and terms of service
- Communicate established terms, seeming violations, and required edits to users and also respond to user enquiries and complaints clearly, objectively, and patiently
- Maintain intimate knowledge of our product/service and exercise good judgment in interactions with users
- Preserve our customer base by proactively communicating with customers and promoting the value of our services
- Track user feedback and work with the customer support manager and community manager to update the online Help Center
- Work closely with the customer support manager to resolve user issues efficiently
- Ensure a consistent tone, style, and approach in responding to user enquiries and complaints, via non-voice channels such as triggered CRM notifications, email, and live support chat
- Remain current with training, policy, and procedural updates
- Work with management team to devise processes, tools, or features to reduce tickets overall
- Assist management team in ensuring efficient progress of workflow and transforming business visions into reality
- Genuine interest in helping our users as they go about what may be a life-changing experience
- Good reading comprehension and at least basic communication skills (English)
- Familiarity with web technology and comfort with the Internet
- No college degree necessary; no prior work experience required. Freshers are welcome!
- At least one year's experience in a customer-facing job
- Fluent in at least one regional Indian language
- Ability to excel in a metrics-driven environment
- Familiarity with customer relationship management (CRM) software tools
- Experience with consumer-facing, interactive web sites or mobile apps
DESIRED SOFT SKILLS:
- Team player with strong analytical and project management skills
- Organized and detail-oriented individual who works well with deadlines
- Willingness to learn, switch roles as necessary, and to roll up one's sleeves to get a job done
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently in a fast-changing environment
- Energized by the opportunities and challenges of working at a small and growing company
SOME TIPS, BEFORE YOU APPLY:
We take this process seriously and hope that you do, too. Here are some tips, as you consider applying:
- Please review our web sites – FreeElective.com, Jodi365.com, and Peepul365.com (in the pipeline) – before you apply, to get a good understanding of our businesses
- Be true to yourself. Ask yourself about this job, “Is this what I really want to do professionally?”
- If you don't see our full application form reproduced on this job board, go to careers.FreeElective.com and apply from there.
- Spare us a cut-and-pasted, recycled cover letter! Take the time to provide thoughtful answers to our screening questions.
- Say it in your own words. Your responses will be more compelling if they came from the heart.
Got any questions? Write to us at: [email protected]
Know someone who may fit the bill? Please share this job posting with them.
FreeElective is an equal-opportunity employer and complies with applicable laws governing non-discrimination in every location in which the company has facilities. We provide opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to religion, ethnicity, race, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled. We also believe that our associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of their ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on any of the above demographic characteristics, and we expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere. For more about the company, please visit www.FreeElective.com.